Monday, March 31, 2014

ModCloth Stylish Surprise Review - Positive!

Image belongs to ModCloth
"Are you ready to take a chance? The rewards could be huge! For just $10, you might get anything from a terrific top or sassy skirt, to a dazzling dress or cute coat. There’s a beautiful bevy of mystery items with retail values from $29.99 to $299.99 - now that's what we call a real deal! Ready for some fashion fun? Simply select your size, then add a chic secret to your shopping bag. Hurry - supplies are limited, so snag a Stylish Surprise while you still can!"
As soon as I got an e-mail from ModCloth presenting this offer, I was immediately like "take my money!". I know it was a gamble, but I'm a sucker for these mystery deals (I do them all the time on TeeFury haha). I was lucky because most sizes were sold out by the time I ordered, but my sizes were still available! I was a wee bit nervous about what I'd be getting because, although I love sooo much of their vintage 50s style dresses, they also have plenty other style dresses that are totally mehhhhhh.

Shipping: I ordered on Saturday night 3/22 and they shipped out the dress on Wednesday 3/26. They said typical processing time is 1-3 business days and it was accurate (it took 3 business days). Estimating shipping time was 4-9 business days and I received it on 3/28 (so it took only 2 days!) Impressive since it was from CA to NY!
Total wait time: 6 days.




Super cute packaging!

Packaging: The item was packed up really nicely! The package is instantly recognizable and sealed up really tightly. Inside, you find your invoice (receipt), your item and a little postcard prompting you to post pictures in your stuff on the modcloth style gallery or hashtag it in social media sites.

Finally The Dress: So as you can see, I received a dress! It's not something I would've picked out for myself but quite cute! It's from the brand Little Mistress London and their dresses are in the $100 range so I definitely got a great deal (I paid $10!) Specifically, it's  their Little Mistress Dress with Metallic Jacquard Bodice. I'm also very happy to say that it fit like a glove! I was worried because according to the size chart (which I failed to check beforehand) I'm  size small, but the size medium feels perfect! (Now I'm a bit worried to receive my second Stylish Surprise in size small... oops!)

Not a great outfit, but I was impatient to try it on!
Overall: I'm happy with my Stylish Surprise! It's a style I wouldn't have otherwise picked, but got lucky! I also got major bang for my buck. I know others don't have great luck with these things, but I'd still recommend trying. You never know, you could get really lucky for only $10!

No comments:

Post a Comment